Last July, I was sitting on this bed, staring at my computer and crying my eyes out.
It was supposed to be a fun holiday vacation, but I all I could think about was how I had no money. How I had no hope and how the hell I got myself into this situation.
My brick and mortar business was struggling, I had panic attacks every time I was in my mobile business... and as for the 3 other businesses I had running--- well, they were the ones paying the bills. I was tired, sad and in hindsight, I'd say I was depressed.
I knew I had to make a change-- and the change was certainly not to go back to a typical 9-5 job.
A month before this, I had started listening to an audio training series from a woman, also named Emily.
She had this incredible outlook on life and business... there were quotables inside the trainings, and I had taken notes on notes trying to figure out what her secret sauce was.
See, I was the type of person who always said, "I can figure this out, I don't need help."
But at this point, I was so deep into my entrepreneurial life, I wasn't quite sure how to figure this out myself. And sure, these audio trainings we amazing-- inspiring and with instruction-- but I realized that I couldn't replace a freebie training series with a true course with a real person to help me.
And that's when I gave in. Well, with a little help.
Emily was selling a 3 month course at the end of the audio training. I looked at the sign up page for the course probably a thousand times, continuously telling myself I couldn't afford it. But deep down, I knew I needed to sign up soooo badly. Like THIS was THE thing that would change my life. If I didn't take this risk, I'd continue along my path of depression.
I tried to sell some things, ask my sister to use her credit card, and moved some bits of money around. But it still wasn't enough for the first payment.
My boyfriend Greg had seen how much I would light up listening to the trainings, and that I had this glimmer of hope when I spoke about signing up for the course.
The day I was sitting on the bed crying, he came in and asked what was wrong. It was the last day to sign up, and I couldn't because I didn't have the money.
He left... and in less than 2 minutes, he came back with his credit card. Passing it to me, he said "Use this to sign up and you can pay me back when you can."
I almost didn't take it... Who was I to be using his money? This was admitting defeat in the biggest sense possible. I would never ask a man to pay for something like this. I was taught that a woman should take care of herself.
I shut down the voices running through my head and took the card. As soon as I got the confirmation for the course sign up, I felt a rush of relief come over my body. I knew that I was a good worker, I could get things done. And now I had an expert telling me exactly what to do to change my life for the better.
I was saved.
That was one year ago.
Since then it's been a whirlwind:
- I closed my brick and mortar store.
- I sold my mobile business!
- I started a business consulting business!
- I've been completely booked since I started consulting. And my clients are getting insanely positive results in their lives and businesses!
- I launched 2 new programs, a mastermind and intensives.
- I spent the winter in Antigua, a week in Paris (where I had my dream photoshoot!) and am about to travel around the world for the next couple of years.
- I've worked (and continue to work) with the top coaches in the world in business, mindset, public speaking, personal development and internet marketing.
- My relationship with Greg gets deeper everyday.
- My mom and I are closer than ever before.
- My dad has a new level of respect for me as a business woman.
- I have ah-mazing new business besties all over the world. (And my super sweetie long time besties are reaping the benefits of my enhanced personal development, making continual improvements in their lives!)
- I feel happy, safe, inspired and vibrationally aligned every single day.
- I live with a greater sense of purpose and clarity than I ever have before.
I live with a passion for not only MY dreams, but I'm obsessed with my CLIENT'S goals and dreams. I have seen so much transformation in my own life, I can't help but be addicted to seeing them transform as well.
Being successful in life and business REQUIRES being vulnerable.
If I hadn't gotten over myself and what my mind was telling me to keep me safe, I absolutely wouldn't be where I am today.
I had to take the risk, I had to ask for help, and I had to be willing to put myself into situations that were uncomfortable (trust me, there were more than just in this letter!).
There are 174 days left in 2016.
How are you going to choose to be vulnerable?
Are you willing to get uncomfortable for the sake of success, the chance to live a fantastic life full of every desire your business can afford you?
I believe in you and I'm obsessed with you achieving your dreams and goals!
Here's to living your life full of everything you desire!
P.S. Want to talk about your dreams and goals for your life and business? I'm ready to hear them and map out the quickest way for you to get there. Just click here.